The Marketing Bookshelf
Marketing Bookshelf: the marketing and business book collection of that every marketer should have on the shelf.
Dand and Chip Heath are very prolific brothers but Made to Stick remains one of my favorites. Coining the S.U.C.C.E.S. model, they explore in this book the reasons why certain messages stick more than others. For anyone that is seeking to increase message retention (or develop new messages) this is a very hands on approach that is guaranteed to have an impact.
- Simplicity. How you strip an idea to its core.
- Unexpectedness. How you capture people’s attention and hold it.
- Concreteness. How you help people understand and remember your idea.
- Credibility. How you get people to believe your idea.
- Emotional. How you get people to care about your idea.
- Stories. How you get people to care about your idea.
Apart from the hands on approach, all the different examples and case studies make this a great read and difficult to put down.